Monday, February 11, 2013

Grammy Awards Blah Blah Blah

For the first time in a very long time I actually watched most of the Grammy Awards last night.  So instead of weekend catch-up I want to cover some Grammy Award moments of interest. Good bad and ugly from last night’s awards could take up 2 entire blogs so instead I am just going to hit some high points for me.

Most overrated moments – way too much emphasis was put on the Chris Brown and Rihanna reunion.  Like Drake, I wasn’t amused! Who cares!?  If this young couple of crazy kids wants to be together then clearly they will. Why were we making such a big deal about it? We all know that if he ever does anything to her again, we will NEVER know.  Let them live people. They are destined to be the Bobby and Whitney of this generation.  Let it happen and then wait for the weird reality show! Also topping my most overrated moments list: Jack White’s performance (his creepy Elvis inspired evil eye suit made me very uncomfortable); Fun. they are talented but the song selection was terrible; and being lied to that people were going to perform but only giving them 30 seconds of air time (if I wanted a 1:30 preview of a song  I would have gone to iTunes).

Please just stop – Frank Ocean! What the hell was that? Kudos to you for running, singing, playing piano, and upsetting your fan base all at the same damn time. Your yellow suit and headband aside, I was left confused, upset, and disappointed in your live performance. I blame you Chris Brown for upsetting the balance in Frank’s mind!  Other please just stop moments included Katy Perry’s 2 Elephants in the room; Taylor Swift (at some point can the camera find somebody else to land on?) we all know she knows every song and is 16 going on 17 forever and ever; Wiz Khalifia and Miguel’s suit jackets (optical illusions distract from your talent), The Dream's hat (enough said);  that Fun. singer wearing skinny capris in the rain with no rain boots; and the red carpet because it is clear people will wear anything including curtains, astronaut suits, and explosions of tulle regardless of the respectability of the event (all we needed was Kenya Moore in some booty pads and it would have been an affair to remember)!

Top Moments (for Me) – The tribute to Bob Marley (although I would label it an acknowledgment not a tribute). Thank you for putting the Marley brothers on stage. RiRi did a good job and Bruno Mars and Sting were epic. I enjoyed Mumford and Sons and I’m glad they had some big wins last night! I also want to thank the Grammys for bringing Justin Timberlake back, music missed you JT! Clearly the top moments should go to American Idol for creating hit makers Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. Idol alum are winning and singing like no others! Prince presenting was also pretty amazing, he never ages which is starting to make me consider the possibility that he is an alien (his cool is just too powerful). Just remember never touch the cane, don’t look him directly in the eyes, and avoid his pancakes; he may steal your life essence to keep his appearance young forever.  

The 55th Grammy Awards wasn’t as eventful as I had hoped but let’s be real it never really is. I will likely go back to not watching as I have in years past. I mean if it is going to keep interrupting Walking Dead and other shows then I’m sorry it will always be on my watch via twitter list.

Have a great Monday everyone and keep an eye out for Forrest Gump, I know he is running on your mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment