Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Birthday Week (30 for 30)

It is my birthday week!!!!! I’m turning 30 y’all! I’m super excited to move into the next chapter of my life. Let’s be honest, your twenties really stalls out at 25; those last 5 years are really just transition birthdays designed to help build anxiety towards the next decade of your life.   Well it didn’t work Mother Nature! I’m in love with being 30 already! I’m tired of the dirty looks and ageism in the work place. I feel the same (minus a creaky knee) so all those lies about my body burning out can wait until I’m 35! I’m ready to leave the poverty of my twenties for the pseudo-poverty of a home-owning 30 something! Bring it on LIFE!

Many of you know I decided to do a 30 for 30 celebration this year! And it was hands down the best decision I have ever made! Birthday parties without the stress or decision making! Time with loved ones and alcohol is a great combination (at any age over 21 of course).  So this week expect some reflecting, obnoxiously happy posting, a ton of picture taking, random birthday tweeting, diet breaking, celebrating and so much more!

Random Thoughts for the Day:
  • I started a reading list I hope I can actually stick to! It is time to get back to being the book worm that I used to be!
  • My hair is going to change so be prepared, well not too prepared because I don’t do massive upheaval because I like consistency.
  • I should have requested my birthday off; instead I will be at work wishing I was sleeping.
  • The gym is calling my name (30 and flabby is just not a good look)!
  • Eat less chocolate (or more depending on what day of the week you catch me)!
  • Celebrate all life moments!
  • I need to re-organize my craft cart!
  • Let there be cake!!!
  • I really had a great time at the concert this weekend! Thank you KB!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment