Monday, November 26, 2012

Recap Weekends and Toothpaste

The joke is certainly on me this morning as I return to work!  I clearly have already forgotten my breakfast but managed to fill my lunch box with bags and bags of animal crackers and teddy grahams. A sleep deprived oversight this morning; I’m not sure why I even had those items in my pantry. I’m going to gloss over the fact that it is freezing outside (literally my car notifications indicated ICY)! On my drive to work my gas light comes on which means sometime today I will need to fill up again making this the 3rd time in a 1.5 weeks!!!!  I arrive at the office to find they have converted two floors in our parking deck (the good floors 1 and 2) into carpool parking. Excuse me but people don’t carpool anymore, don’t reward them for that (they get to go halfsies on gas that’s reward enough)…seriously, I would have preferred handicap parking to this!  To add insult to injury, I left my work tote with all my notebooks and projects at home in my dining room. I also forgot my new computer password; I blame the system for making me change it every XX days and not letting me use real words, forcing my character limit, and making me add numbers! You suck Monday in case you didn’t know!

So here is the Monday recap of my Holiday weekend:

A Christmas Carol – Happy Birthday to my Mom and Happy Anniversary to my parents! All transpired this weekend! I gifted my mom some tickets to the Alliance Theatre performance of A Christmas Carol!  A wonderful show with some amazing talent! I thoroughly enjoyed myself despite being the back-up guest. Scene:
LC:       Happy Birthday Mom! I tried to pick a date when I figured you wouldn’t be off work!
Mom: (READS CARD, OPENS TICKETS) How nice. Thanks. I hate the Alliance Theatre, the seats are too close together and it hurts my knees. But that was thoughtful. When is the show?
LC:       Sunday at 2:30. If you don’t want to go I can get you something else. Really, you couldn’t just go with thank you and let that be that. Lie to me mom!
Mom: Sunday I have to hostess at church.
LC:       So you aren’t going?!
Mom:   I might go, I will invite Jerry, she may not have to work on Sunday, and I’ll ask her.
LC:       So I give you two tickets to a play, not only do you bash the theatre and proceed to tell me you may not go, if you do go you aren’t even going to invite me to attend with you? (TURNING TO MY COUSIN) Can you believe this s@#!?  I wasn’t even the number one choice; she could have at least asked me if I wanted to join her. This is what I have to deal with!
Mom: I mean you can go if Jerry isn’t available.
LC:       (SMH) I’m going to eat a piece of cake…
Saturday evening at 8:00pm I get a call that Jerry can’t make it, SO lucky me I was invited.  It was a fabulous show but my mother is going to have to earn her way back into my good graces! Cash always works, I can be bought!

Luxury Movie Watching - AMC at Phipps Plaza has earned my love and ultimate affection. They have renovated their movie theater allowing you to select your seats at time of purchase, revamping their concession stand and installing reclining, leather, adjustable chairs. It was so fancy I thought they charged me extra! To my surprise my regular $11 ticket was worth it.  No getting up to let people in the isle, no sharing an arm rest, and no feet kicking the back of my chair.  In true comfort and style, I enjoyed the final installment of Twillight. Don’t judge me, I read the books and my inner tween was happy! Dear movie makers, for the record, never use a digitally enhanced baby…it looks sooo stupid!

Midnight Madness – all I can say about Black Friday is this, Macy’s if you issue coupons that can’t be used on anything, why bother issuing them at all? Yes I went shopping at Midnight (at Lenox) and I wasn’t all that impressed! Today being cyber Monday I hope to make up for lost joy.

Dr. Who? – so I participated in a self-imposed Dr. Who marathon and in my best British accent made it through another wonderful season.  This week, I will take a break to catch up on Hex but I will start season 4 of Dr. Who soon. I love this show and BBC as a whole. My inner nerd is so excited!!!!
“Daleks do not fear, must not fear. EXTERMINATE!”

UGA beats GA Tech! – While many of the students at GA Tech are probably all too familiar with Dr. Who (nerds unite) what they aren’t familiar with is football. Another GA victory and we are ready battle Bama in the dome!  Win or lose, Notre Dame is not ready for an SEC team!!! 

Christmas is Here – thanks shopping venues and radio stations for starting the Christmas music early. My holiday and tree trimming starts December 1 so this week of forced exposure to Christmas is going to be painful. I will not be a part of this mass movement to start Christmas early; you can’t make me hallmark!  December 1 – December 31 (that’s it); tree goes up, cards are mailed, songs or sung, halls are decked, gifts exchanged, blessing are counted, Die Hard is watched and then it stops and I return to my regularly scheduled programs. 31 days no more, no less!

There you have it, the recap is complete! Events and growling stomach aside, I’m here prepared to bust a work move!  I had dreams of business and work projects (they kept waking me up) so the stress is officially back on!  Bring it suckas!!! Happy Monday!

PS: Happy Birthday to my brother from another mother but similar (not the same) father! Enjoy your day BC!


No comments:

Post a Comment