Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Angry Bird

So angry typing is a bad idea. I have learned this from many occasions but sometimes it serves a greater purpose, it prevents you from laying hands on people. Sometimes you do have to kill people with kindness and be the bigger person in situations.  That means secretly wishing to triumph via the old adage “karma is a bitch”! For the record I’m not angry but I'm not feeling very kind. I am however, very irritated which made me think, why do people insist on trying to upset me? Angry me is not fun, nice or appropriate. I respect you if you respect me. We all learned that in kindergarten (even kids that were home schooled know better) so why do people forget it in adulthood?

I just don’t understand how and why people feel the need to act a fool. I like to think I’m a nice person with a sharp edge.  I don’t go out of my way to be cruel or mean, I occasionally think mean thoughts but I keep those to myself and close friends. When crossed I cut deep but all in all I think I’m a pretty good person. Fun loving, laughter oriented, blast in a glass! So it strikes me as odd when people feel the need to try my patience. My annoyed hat is on and before I move into angry, I think I need to clear some things up:

·       Don’t start with me before I have had breakfast or food. I can’t be held responsible for what I might say or do when malnourished. We all know I have a smart mouth but I can’t filter when starving so your feelings will likely get hurt.
·         Compliments wrapped in insults really piss me off. If you don’t have anything nice to say then don’t say anything at all. Trust me I’m a Leo praise is something I give myself often! If you can’t be genuine then keep it to yourself.
·         I am not antagonistic or aggressive yet. White America let me be clear-- just because I have an opinion or clarify a thought doesn’t mean I’m a militant black woman. This is not a Tyler Perry Movie.  Maybe, just maybe, you were wrong or my opinion had value. If I haven’t raised my voice or cussed you out (after taking off earrings) then you can relax.  I’m not a killer, but don’t push me.
·         I don’t like surprises! Directness is always the best approach with me; I don’t need to find out from anybody anything different than what we have discussed. I don’t care to be involved in he said- she said. I try to remain neutral like Switzerland. With that said, let me know what I am walking into ahead of time it’s better for everyone (especially you).
·         If I wanted you to read my email I would have invited you to my monitor or just sent it to you direct. Office folks know what I’m talking about!
·         Just because I’m responsible doesn’t mean I won’t put paws on you! I wouldn’t classify myself as a fighter (anymore) but given the right circumstances (i.e. you putting hands on me) I will remind you where I’m from! Remember, I have bail money because I have real income. I’m also not opposed to voodoo curses so pump the brakes before you think about going there. 
·         Mind your business! Or as we say in the government, stay in your lane! I would define myself in most situations as an oversharer. I don’t mind telling people what I think, feel, or experience but if I’m not telling you something it’s because I probably don’t want you to know or it doesn’t have anything to do with you.  If it involves you I will let you know. We aren’t all best friends! I’m not going to friend everyone on Facebook and invite you over to my house. Calm down, feel free to read my blog if you want to know what’s up but otherwise mind ya business and hush yo mouth!
·         There are stupid questions! I just want you to be informed the next time you decided to ask one! I may not respond because you are an idiot.
·         Two-faced is never a good look. If you can’t be the same with me in one setting as you are in another then let’s just not associate. I don’t need the confusion; I also don’t care to worry about how to treat you in public vs the office. Professionalism is a skill; it doesn’t mean you aren’t a person. Stop being shady and just keep it real! I’m not trying to be your best friend, I’m just trying to acknowledge your existence and do my job effectively.

For those of you thinking about getting out of pocket with me this week, word to the wise I’m not the one. Save yourself the trouble and just keep a safe distance (virtually/digitally, physically, etc.) at least until Friday. I’m generally really happy on Friday and may let your foolishness slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment