Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Not Just Any Tuesday

Sorry folks I have been super busy the last few days so my blog has taken a back burner. But I’m going to do my Bulldawg best to be back in action this week.  Let me start today’s blog by sending out a congratulatory Hell Yeah to the Bulldawg nation.  UGA had a “Grown Man” victory over Missouri this Saturday. It may have been 3 quarters of discomfort but my team pulled through in the 4th and came back to win it big! I also want to send a shout out to the Who Dat nation. Game one was a loss but we have a bright future ahead. Free Payton!!!

With football out of the way, I spent some quality time with Bo Jackson (the dog). House sitting for his mommy this weekend was relaxing but I learned that I do miss having a dog.  I don’t miss letting him out to use the bathroom at 5am but I miss the company.  I also realized that I will need a privacy fence when I buy a house and serious bug deterrents. I found out that I apparently have some super tasty blood and that mosquitoes are evil and should be destroyed. The privacy fence is directly related to the fact that I like the concept of having neighbors don’t actually want them to know what I do or talk to me. That is too much work and seriously intense at this time. I just need you to be like the air; invisible but helpful. I want to know you are there until you are not (without seeing you).

I celebrated the dirty 30 of a former roommate and friend at a BBQ this Saturday.  I realized that parties are no longer alcohol and dirty dancing. They are strictly kids, puppies, rainbows, and skittles. It is official, I am a grown up and in the minority. I'm outnumbered by breeders and married folks. "Family friendly" is a term that is now in my vocabulary, *womp womp*. As I continue to age out of my youth, I find myself thinking maybe it’s not so bad.  I mean after all they do have kick ass hand held snacks in this family friendly environment. And maybe going to bed at 10pm isn’t so bad after all, I do enjoy sleeping! Aside from contemplating my transition into my new age bracket, I also realized I need to buy some khakis so I fit into this new suburbia.  I wonder if gap is having a sale on pants and discontent. 

This week will be full of preparation for trailer premieres and new business ventures.  I have plenty to do including buy a new couch and starting my workouts again. If I can find somebody to clean my kitchen and do my laundry that would be great too!  I’m participating in this exercise at work which means my schedule is going to be all out of whack, but my spirits are high and my blog will get done! In the meantime, I am just trying to make it in America, or at least until Friday. I have tickets for the UGA vs Florida Atlantic Game this weekend so I am looking forward to the end of this crazy week!!!!

My final thoughts today will be in remembrance of 9/11.  At first I wasn’t going to mention it, but how can you not think about it.  America is pretty amazing despite all that other stuff (you know racism, corrupt politics, egotism, pollution, etc).   Such a tragedy changed our nation’s history, and because of news media and airport security restrictions we will never forget. I may joke and poke fun but I do understand and appreciate the luxuries that being an American affords me, and I’m grateful as a woman and African American that I was born on US soil.

It has been 11 years but the victims and heroes will always be remembered in our hearts and prayers!  So to those serving this country, or that have lost their lives as a result of just being an American your devotion, love and support is honored. I’m working hard to do you proud and your sacrifice will not be in vain. My figurative flag will fly at half-mast for you today!

To my friends celebrating birthdays today, this totally sucks because it is hard to celebrate on one of the most tragic days in our history.  But happy birthday to you and I encourage you to do shots and get drunk, it’s the American way! Celebrate your life and be sure to pour out a little for the homies we have lost.

Have an Honorable Tuesday folks and try to stay positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment