Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Lazy Labor Day

So I took a few days off, mainly because I was sick and it was a holiday weekend. Happy belated Labor Day and I’m sure you have all returned to work or your respective work day activities. As I have been sifting through a ton of email and trying to remove my feet from the piles of shit I managed to walk into while not even at work, this blog did eventually come together.

We clearly need to play catch up to say the least!  Let me start by saying I was sick this weekend, sniffling, sneezing, runny nose, coughing until my chest hurt sick. It was not fun and I just want to thank the makers of Vicks Vapor Rub and DayQuil! 

In my state of sickness I had to argue with my leasing office (this is why I am moving) about a $660 fee they tried to charge me for giving them less than 60 days’ notice of my intent to terminate my lease. Hold-on-Player (HOP) I notified you in June!  Then in my sickly state I decided to go apartment hunting which was a bust and I am still trending to be homeless on October 5.  *sad face, panic face*

This being Labor Day weekend, one would think I would BBQ but that did not happen.  I honored Labor by doing nothing! The closest I came was a wonderful grilled salmon on Friday (at Ted’s Montana Grill) with two of my besties both, who are doctors, coincidently! I love that I have friends who are doctors mainly because I can send all the crazy clinical questions I receive to them. I also enjoy the social gatherings where we discuss the general ignorance of the general public of the United States of the Bible Belt!  Good times ladies and thank you for hanging out!

On Saturday I watched some good’ole Georgia Football! I watched some of our new players make their mark (we see you Gurely) and watched my team pull out an amazing victory!  I did that from the distance comforts or Suwanee (the land that GPS lost) but I had a great time, surrounded by some great people! Congrats on the house folks!  GOOOO DAWGs!!!

I then proceeded to rush and I mean rush to an amazing display of love and unity so I could see the joining of hands and hearts in holy matrimony. Thanks J&B for allowing me to share in your special day! I want to thank the Parkers for helping me stalk food tables and get my drink on! I want to thank the Best Man and his wife for helping me laugh and explain the wobble (New Yorkers have no idea). Thank you everyone that laughed, danced, and had fun!!!! I couldn’t stop raving about it, that may have been the liquor but you get the point. Good times!

I capped off my weekend with more apartment hunting, margaritas, and laundry.  At some point, I had to take a minute to clean my apartment, play my turn in words with friends, and check my crops on Oregon Trail.  Priorities people…

Side bar: have you ever run over your own foot with your office chair. That just happen people and now my foot hurts. Yes I know I am clumsy that is not the point of this side bar; the point is to talk about the pain and right now I’m at a 6.78 on the pain scale (1 being no pain and 10 being the most with expletives). Damned rolling chairs are dangerous!!

I wanted to finish this blog up with my reality show lesson reel! Here is what I learned this week from TV:

·         MLK fought so rich privileged black children of rappers could go camping – thank you for that lesson TI
·         Lil Scrappy has been formally crowned the prince of the South
·         The pole does a body good, not milk like we have been told
·         Wedding proposals should always start with “so you gone marry a Ni**a or what”
·         Ramona and Sonja from RHONY are white trash
·         Luanne also of RHONY is apparently unclear about the role of translators and/or closed captions. (They can figure out what you are saying in any language boo)
·         Shay pays bills for her boyfriends and cosigns (scoop up that hood rat fellas she is a giver of good credit)
·         Even reality TV stars need a stylist…Shay your head tho!!!!
·         Michael Strahan has given up football for Kelly Ripa *insert eye roll*

And that is all you need to know from this week in reality TV.  I want to send a special note of praise to Michael Clarke Duncan, the actor passed away this weekend which is sad; 54 is too young to die. On a less serious note does anybody else think it was weird that he was engaged to Omarosa??!!! HUH, when did that happen!? And what does that mean if your fiancĂ©e dies, do you get his Talladega Nights Money if it isn’t legal yet??? Do you think she will join the cast of another reality TV show? I just want to know, which may be insensitive but I’m ok with that.

I will get back to blog randomness this week…stay tuned! At some point I should do a history lesson (i.e. search Wikipedia) and find out the origins of Labor Day.  We shall see!



No comments:

Post a Comment