Monday, September 24, 2012

Martha Monday


I would wish you all a happy Monday but that is an oxymoron and I don’t want to start with hypocrisy this early in the morning. We all know Monday’s suck mainly because it means you are back at work and that means no more weekend warrior for you. 

I am feeling the burn today, my weekend craft project turning my mundane and filthy patio into an outdoor seating area has me sore in places I didn’t think existed.  You paint a few pallets, make a few signs, and hang a few lights and your body experiences radiating pain.  It seems unfair but I assume this is why people hire illegal day laborers.  My project is almost complete (just missing furniture cushions) and I’m proud of how far I have come. The neighborhood cat has made a visit for the first time ever, so my work has made the patio cozy enough for a feline which is a step in the right direction. Once I make it human hospitable I can invite people over to enjoy adult beverages and play taboo!

There is something to this Do It Yourself concept. There is a sense of accomplishment that comes from getting your hands dirty and creating something you want.  Not the same sense of accomplishment from sipping hurricanes and watching people you have paid get the job done but accomplishment nonetheless. Next up is my living room! I will not be building a couch (I am dedicated, not crazy or a carpenter). But there are some changes coming. New art for the walls, new chair, new layout, and maybe even some new febreeze noticeables, I’m thinking it’s time to change my scent;  linens and spring mist are great but I want something new.  See the trend here people…new and improved. Now if I can just get a new and improved body then my 2012 will have been worth it! I would however, settle for some bengay at this point because my hamstrings really hurt.

I do this every so often, decide to change some things. Take on projects, run with the bulls, and stay up past midnight.  You know get crazy chocolate wasted and live life to the fullest. So over the next few weeks expect blogs about foolish projects…I see a craft table in my future (thanks in advance ikea). Let the revolution for home change commence.     

Other than my arts and crafts project winning weekend I had football so all was right in the world. My Dawgs did it again with an amazing win over Vanderbilt. My Saints went to 0-3 which makes me sad but I assume means my college team will rise to all kinds of Glory. Why can’t I have a successful college and pro season at the same damn time? If Future can do it, why can’t I?

Well today was short and sweet mainly because my fingers are sore from painting and bug bites (I worked outside against my better judgment). Today is for you Martha Stewart -- post prison Martha I salute you! I feel like you and Future could be great friends and perhaps you should have him on your show. You are both multitasking go getters, think about it!

Back to work I go.



No comments:

Post a Comment