Friday, September 28, 2012

Musical Magic (What If Friday)

The human melody is a unique symphony triumph, catastrophe, and mediocrity all playing to an eight count. I hope you are reveling in the jubilation that is FRIDAY! Seeing as I am in a musical mood let’s go ahead and kick off If (Questions for the Game of Life).

Question:        If you had to name the best live musical performance you have ever attended, which would you pick.

As I started thinking about the answer to this question I realized I have been to quite a few concerts:
·         112 and Ludacris
·         Coldplay
·         D ’Angelo and Mos Def
·         Danger Mouse
·         Dashboard Confessionals
·         Far East Movement and LMFAO
·         Gym Class Hero’s/ Estelle/ and The Roots
·         Janelle Monae and Gnarls Barkley
·         Krush Girls (DJ extravaganzas)
·         Lauyrn Hill
·         Lupe Fiasco
·         Pastor Troy
·         Plain White Tees
·         R.E.M.
·         Stevie Wonder
·         Stroke 9 and 311
·         T.I. and friends
·         The Fray
·         Tokyo Police Club
·         Trey Songz and Usher
·         Trombone Shorty
·         Wide Spread Panic
·         Zac Brown Band
·         DJ Clue / Trina and Friends
+ Many a cover band, rap artist, DJ, jazz musician (2011 Jazz Festival and more), festival lineup artist,  and regular musician trying to make it in America! I remember many a tired night at MJQ (don’t judge me)!

These are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head, which means I was likely intoxicated or I'm getting old. *sad face* However, what I have learned from this list is that I have an eclectic taste in music, I get a lot of free tickets (I only paid for about 15% of the shows on the list), and I need to go to more concerts. I expected this to be a two page list when I started; I have got to do better. Having to pick the best is difficult. Hands Down the Roots gives an amazing live show as does Coldplay and Stevie Wonder. Those concerts were legendary for me! Unforgettable, if you will but I can only chose one! In terms of great music they all score high on the list.  My best concert experience however involves several factors: level of drunkenness, enjoyment of the music, love for the artist, company, my outfit cuteness, and affordability.

Considering all of those dynamics the award goes to Coldplay! I had on my favorite boots (which are no longer with us), I was able to sing every song (they are one of my favorite bands), I sat outside, I had some great arm candy, there was beer, tickets were affordable, and I got a free CD and t-shirt when it was all said and done! Interactive live show with great music and fun times; it was pretty Awesome!!!!!

Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment