Monday, October 1, 2012

Olive Oil Incarnate

Occasionally, I resort back to my awkward teenage phase and have moments of clumsy. It is to be expected, we all know long limbs and fast thinking don’t always mix. I am generally a clumsy person by biology (aka nature) but some days it’s worse than others. Today in true Monday fashion it is one of those slap stick comedy, Three Stooges, did that just occur kind of days. Granted it is only 10am, but my morning isn’t starting off quite right.

Aside from over sleeping (i.e. hitting my alarm 5 times before turning it off and waking up late), I started with a sinus headache. Headaches are never where you want to go first thing in the morning. Like a normal red blooded human being I dressed myself (despite losing a shoe again) and took my vitamins. I grabbed a hand full of stuff to take to work and then proceeded to trip downstairs on my way to my car. Yes I had to sacrifice some of the items I was holding but I did indeed catch myself before irrevocable damage could be done. I feel the need to blame the rain and the fact that the stairs were wet on my fall and if I could sue Mother Nature I probably would. I recovered from mild embarrassment to pick up my stuff and load up my car. As I go to get in my car, I actually hit my head on the door in what I can only describe as an audition for a sketch comedy show gone terribly wrong.  So now within the span of 10 minutes I have had two incidents of unnecessary clumsy. I would like to also point out that the worst thing you can do with a headache is get a concussion.

As I managed to miss every red light on my way to work, I was still in good spirits. I get to campus only to get tangled in my badge and seat belt. At which point I had to physically remove my id from the holder just so I could be blessed by security to enter. So now my clumsy officially had an audience.   I get in the building without incidence, only to realize my tote bag has completely ripped ¼ of the way down one side! YAY!  I also drop off a few items for a coworker. Pull out the post-it only to realize I don’t have a pen in any of the 3 bags I am carrying. Like a crazy person I spent 15 minutes trying to find a pen, before just asking another coworker…all that to write 4 words.

I put my stuff down, have a few conversations and then realize I am 15 minutes late for a meeting. I also realize my blackberry has had an hour glass of doom for the better half of an hour. The sweaty and discombobulated me goes to the meeting and carried on with the business of the day. The true test was realizing my computer wasn’t accessing email or allowing me to get online. Not very PC, my PC! Then I try to respond on my work blackberry to find that the battery is dead (mainly because I forgot to charge it this weekend)! Yeah that really is where I am right now.   My best guess is that Popeye will show up with a can of spinach and pummel my problems into oblivion. At some point, the tides will shift and I will start video tapping these moments so you can all laugh with me and not at me!

With all that said I look forward to what may come! My weekend was chaotic so I am sure this is just carrying over. So much was hilarious but the most worthy of mentioning is the housewarming party for my Grandmother (who I adore)!  I’m pretty certain I was traumatized by purple camouflage suits and the term “JC Special Forces”; I am not sure if this a band or just a group of Christian bandits but either way I’m still seeing it in my mind. Just know there were drums you could sit on, a prayer circle, rain, wheel chairs, and crockpots full of food (there was also a diet cake which I’m sure was fabricated by the devil)!

Let that marinate folks! I hope you all have a much better Monday than I am having!



No comments:

Post a Comment