Monday, October 15, 2012

A Case of the Mondays

Happy Rainy Monday from Atlanta! Just because the weather is depressing doesn’t mean we can’t have some fun.  I have so much on my mind this morning as I prepare to travel to San Diego, CA tomorrow. So as usual this blog is going to be full of a little bit of this and random that.

Wedding Day Bliss – I went to yet another wedding this weekend and despite being unaccompanied I had a blast. Thank you happy couple for believing in the power of the open bar it makes everything better.  I came to realizations at this weeding that I wanted to share. 
a) Open bar is a necessity, especially for those of us not married or without a plus one. Drinking is a coping mechanism people so just be kind to others.
b) Good food is critical to the happiness of your guests and is worth every penny. I want to thank the Appling’s for supplying some good eats. Mac and cheese is my favorite and you guys did it right!!!
c) Black folks we need to invest in some other cultural traditions. I witnessed the Money Dance which is where people pay cash to dance with the bride and groom. Once the crown made of dollar bills came out I was immediately intrigued.  I mean I have seen a wishing well but this was so much better. So thank you for the eye opener Cabrera’s.
d) non-assigned seating is really the best option
e) Love is a beautiful and fun experience and the best reason to through a party! Live it up on your wedding day because your guests do!!! I am pretty sure there is video posted of me getting down Gangnam Style and I know for a fact I was hungover (pretty sure I drank about 1.5 bottles of wine). Heeeyyy Sexy Lady…

Halloween is Near – I got word this weekend that one of my besties is going to be in town for Halloween and we are doing a couples costume that makes me chuckle just thinking about it. Photos to come. Either way I now have 2 Halloween costumes and that makes me sooooo excited.

Behind the Music- as a lover of music and film the VH1 show Behind the Music has always been a favorite of mine. This season they have been showcasing some great artists. Last night I watched the Behind the Music: Gym Class Heroes.  Amazing! I have to say as a fan of the band I was very pleased with this episode.  I love learning how my favorite artist overcome drug use and groupie love to remain famous and make kick ass music.  It was an eye opening episode and I am not going to lie I love some Travis McCoy. Artists are hot event the tattooed crazy ones! I know I am not Caucasian enough to win his affections but I can dream folks. And shame on you Katy Perry for not helping him through his hardships. I’m sure dating a drug addict was not a part of your 5 year plan but give the man another chance. You tw0 could make it work now that he is clean and you both are famous.

Happy Endings- my show is making a return and I have officially begun my countdown to Oct 23rd because I love that show enough to count down until its premiere. Judge all you want but I would love for my real life to be like their fictional life. It’s hilarious!!! Happy Endings is more than just what you get after a massage people it’s pure comedy at its finest.  

Gulliver’s Travels – I don’t expect to be shipwrecked or captured by 6 inch tall island inhabitants but I do expect to fully convert to the California lifestyle eating tacos off food trucks and wearing beanies all day, every day.  I'm officially ready to get my last wedding of the season out of the way and vacation like a rock star.  I have a half empty suitcase and some fast cash California, beware, I mean business.

Enjoy your Monday folks the weekend was fun but reality is now upon us and the work week has started. I vote attack it like a spider monkey!

“We need to talk about your TPS reports.”


No comments:

Post a Comment