Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Queen of California

Greetings from San Diego! I am officially here for the last wedding of the season! Getting here was quite the adventure complete with house guests, crying babies, and car rental craziness.

My adventure begins with the arrival of one of my favorite friends. I am her plus one at this destination wedding and so we decided to fly and room together. After work on Monday we gathered for dinner and wine to discuss our itinerary (which we didn't actually talk about) and to catch up on the last few weeks of life events. After tons of laughs and not nearly enough sleep we embark on our journey!

The flight was uncomfortable, me in the middle seat wedged between my friend the little person and an obese grandma in seat c.  She was nice but sleep was not an option, I couldn't even put down my armrest and my head was doing the bob and weave  while I fought off sleep for an entire 4 hour flight. Congrats to my friend for sleeping but I was screwed! Aside for being one row behind an incredibly unhappy 1.5 year old the people seemed great. What wasn't great was the fact Delta charges $6 for a movie and $1 per tv show like I didn't already pay $300 plus for flight and $25 for luggage. You can't show me a free movie!? jokes on you Detla I am happy playing Oregon Trail and UNO for four hours on my iPad while listening to music!

After arriving we proceed to find a rental car. No we didn't have a reservation but its a Tuesday. San Diego believes in Shuttling you to all the offsite car rentals. So after some online searching for be price we head to Budget Rental via shuttle. Well, after a 15 minute ride and standing in line for 20 minutes Budget Rental tells me they are out of economy cars but I can pay $70 a day for a minivan. Do I look like a family of 4 headed to Disney?!  Minivan my ass. So we head back to the airport to catch a different shuttle and to start again!  After several phones calls and online Internet searches via phone we head to Enterprise rental to get our $37 a day Mazda 2. Cali we have wheels!!

With a car in hand and the GPS navigating us down I-5 we hit the road to our hotel 39 miles away in San Marcos. Checking in courtesy of Marriott being awesome went smoothly and napping was a necessity. a few hours later we went on a quest for a hair brush and replacement sunglasses. Unfortunately our first stop was Target a dangerous place! A quick stop turned into a tourist attraction and grocery shopping excursion. first let me point out that I felt like a true country bumpkin because I was amazed at the fact that Target sold alcohol. You would have thought we were visiting the Hollywood sign the way we were taking photos and questioning locals. "Wait your Target sells Patron and Grey Goose?" Could you imagine fellow Bible Belters what it would be like if we could buy liquor at drugs stores or Targets? It would be amaaaaazing!!! I thought Sunday liquor sells was something to be excited about and I was wrong we need to set our sites higher! either way about $40 and a box of wine later (yes I said a box, we are balling on a budget people) we exit the store with the spoils of war! In true female fashion we immediately located the outlet malls and shopping venues and proceed back to the hotel to plan shopping excursions.

Its a new day and so far we are off to a good start! Cali time zone difference aside, we are up and moving. After a few cheesy free credit score commercials and free complimentary breakfast we are headed out for some pre-wedding obligatory spending! Next up is gang sign training and bandanna tying class! I'm going to be California chic before you know it!

Until I have another free moment I am off!

Today's blog was brought to you by LC's iPad and took way to long to write because autocorrect is a hellish nightmare!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment