Friday, October 12, 2012

Teleportation Talk (What If Friday)

It is FRIDAY! You already know the routine people so in an effort to spice up your Friday let’s answer a question from my favorite coffee table book If (Questions for the Game of Life).

Question:        If you could physically transport yourself to any place in the world at this moment, where would you go?

For years I have been a proponent of the teleport. I feel like it is 2012 and years of playing Halo has me convinced that advances in our technology should have allowed for the creation of one by now. I need our scientist to regroup and get to work on teleportation as a method of travel. 

When answering this question so many things came to mind! My first thought was my bed! It’s warm and comfortable. My pajamas are there! Being there is exponentially better than being at work.  Then I started thinking bigger, perhaps a bed with room service at a luxury hotel like the Four Seasons New York.  After putting my desires to be asleep aside, I focused more globally. I need tropical weather, a relaxed atmosphere, good food, and internet access.  So here is what I have come up with:

Lord Howe Island!!!! - On my physical person I will have a global iphone with satellite access (this is my fantasy people no questions). I will be wearing a short-set lounge wear ensemble from the softest cotton known to man with tagless everything. My shoes will be sandals. In my fashionable backpack will be a towel, sunglasses, my ipad, headphones, sunscreen, swim suit, matches (just in case), a flask of vodka, my entire life savings in large denominations, and a neck pillow. I will have all of this on my body as I hop in a teleport to Lord Howe Island in the South Pacific. My understanding is they don’t allow more than 400 visitors on the island at any one time. I would be the only person there minus staff assigned to serve me (it is my world people).  There is a plethora of activities including eating, snorkeling, mountain biking, golf, tennis, cycling, and canoeing which I will likely never do because I will be reading books on my ipad beach/pool side and sleeping in what I imagine is the most comfortable bed in the world as a warm ocean breeze passes over me.

I want a vacation get away damn it; one without having to pay an arm and a leg for travel and in my perfect world this teleportation device was gifted to me because of my undeniable awesomeness.  I packed island supplies just in case but I fully believe the resort will accommodate my needs free of charge because I’m important enough to have been gifted a teleportation device (you see how this works). The money is just in case I need to buy my way out of a sticky situation (like being Taken) or desire to tip the staff. I look forward to master chefs, comfy beds, possible outdoor activities, great scenery, and the kind of weather to make me want to stay forever and ever. 

Like many of you, I had other options including a bank vault, celebrity bedroom, movie sets, Top Chef Kitchen, True Blood Writers meeting, secret rooms in the Vatican, the Pyramids and so much more. I realized I needed more relaxation bang for my non-existent fictional question buck and I wanted to pick a place I was unlikely to visit seeing as I never really vacation. I wanted sun, sand, and blackberry free so the remote island wins this round. Now if I was able to move across the space-time continuum that would be an entirely different story.

Lord Howe Island

No comments:

Post a Comment