Thursday, September 6, 2012

House Dreams (not the Doctor)

When you have to make decisions that sacrifice what you want they call that being a responsible adult. I don’t know who “they” is but they can kick rocks! I really want to move if not for principle, for change of scenery.  The epic search for an apartment has temporarily come to an end today and not the way I wanted.  In an effort to save money, focus on my goal of buying a house, and prevent slitting my wrist in moving frustration I'm just going to stay in my current apartment. *heavy sigh*

It is not my ideal decision but it is the smart decision unless I want my rent to jump up by $400.  What I realized this morning after crazy dreams about tornadoes and bathtub boats is that I hate hate hate not getting what I want.  My heart is heavy today because I’m not doing what I wanted to be doing. I’m methodical and particular, once I commit to a decision or a plan I like to stick with it (call me reliable). I committed to moving, I went all in and now I feel like I’m losing the hand to some two-bit recreational poker player!!!  So here I am with yet another year to get my act together! My plans on delay AGAIN! I’m starting to feel like the kid on the JV basketball team that just needed to practice a little more to make varsity, but never did because he thought the system was rigged against him. Well it smells like teen spirit around here is all I’m saying.

All my friends moving to Smryna and Suwanee good for you, but hell-to-the-commuter-naw! I just want to be near civilization and if that means getting a second job, staying in this crappy apartment another year, penny pinching, and selling everything but my body and soul then so be it!  I have dreams damnit; they involve privacy fences, pitbull puppies, a driveway with a basketball goal, neighborhood association fees, and interior decorating until my heart is content.  I can’t have BBQs without a grill and backyard. I can’t host game night without a place for people to sit. I can’t have dinner parties without a dining room. I can’t put up a real Christmas tree without a real living room (deck the halls and all that jazz). So while my married friends are off having babies and pleasing husbands, I'm coveting the dream of property!  It’s my dream of the month (like flavor of the week but longer).

I know a newer home, under $250,000 with 4 bedrooms, an amazing kitchen, in a decent school district, in a friendly neighborhood, with a yard and available in the Dunwoody/Doraville area is too much to ask! I know my house is going to be like 500K for me to get what I want, where I want! I just hate waiting. Even more than waiting, I hate not getting what I want, so I guess I have to wait to alleviate my biggest pet peeve. Some of you might think that is selfish or materialistic but I work hard so I can have what I want in life.  I’m not driving luxury cars or wearing expensive jewelry. I don’t live excessively; I'm out here trying to make it in America! That means I can come home to the house I want and am willing to pay for!

My dream is likely to change once I get knocked up or distracted by something shiny, but for now I want a home and not just a home with no furniture. We have all been to that house warming; you know what I’m talking about. Rest assured those coming to my house warming in 2013 will have a well decorated experience.  I do have a plan people, I want to do it the right way and spend all my money at once! It does me no good to buy a house and then not have anything in it!  I want the complete package and my taste in furniture and décor requires me to wait the good wait. Suffering through it is worth it, so I’m told!  I have this blog to document how I really feel about it over the course of the next year! I’m not a believer of this patience that everyone speaks of! I think it is bologna! Good things come to those who wait, but so does old age and bitterness. How about good things come to those who are good and work hard! Let’s rewrite the saying. I am good and do good, so bring me a house baby infant Jesus in your little baby UGA onesie and red and black crib!  Amen! 


No comments:

Post a Comment