Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Olympic Excellence

Yesterday I was home sick watching the Olympics, meaning I was too distracted to blog! Today I am back in action and the random thoughts for this blog will be a two for one special.  I plan to recap my crazy, stupid, love filled weekend and discuss a few thoughts I had on the Olympics in true fashion.
My Olympic winning weekend consisted of various events:  synchronized dating, artistic gaming, free style drinking, Marathon Sleeping, and Sprint Gifting! My top three moments are detailed (play-by-play) below with highlights of the random variety.
Bronze – Synchronized dating was a strong event this weekend.  I had a wonderful date on Friday night with a nice guy I know. I was able to see Batman for the second time, ate sushi, and laughed! PS: the Japanese Birthday song brings me a special kind of Joy.  Then on Saturday I went out for goodbye drinks with some of my favorite folks at Loca Luna.  I had mojitos, recognized some college neighbors, over ate and spent some time with some amazingly fun drunks.  Safe travels Rocky and company.  Sunday I was able to partake in birthday game night! Let me just point out that nobody really likes Dance Central on xbox connect (especially while drinking), Pizza hut is the worst in terms of time management, you move from your spot you lose it, yes I bring my own TV dinners to events, L steals candy and shares it #teamdirector, and everybody (all the males) clearly want my panties (that makes me right not arrogant). LMAO I had such a great time with such a fun crew it was only my bronze moment by default.

Silver – Sprint Gifting concluded with the ultimate gag gift which I gave to My buddy T. His birthday was this weekend (go Leos) and he had a pretty lengthy gift list which included Hookers, Strippers, Air Force Ones, Bentley, Money, Copy of the Wire, Sweets, Food, STD Vaccine, and a cure for the common cold. In classic fashion I worked hard to give him everything he asked for and then some.
·         Hookers = hanging hooks
·         Strippers = Listerine Breath strips
·         Air Force Ones = one Air Wick Air Freshener (May the force be with you)
·         Bentley = Match box car (hot wheels)
·         Money = play money (monopoly dollar bills y’all)
·         The Wire = actual wire for hanging paintings
·         Sweets = Sweet Tarts
·         Food = BBQ potato chips (yummy)
·         Cure for the Common Cold = Mucinex
·         STD Vaccine = Condoms (STD protection he can use)
I think I out did myself and I also threw in a card! Happy Birthday T-Money!!!!!

Gold – my gold medal moment may surprise some folks but this isn’t about you! So a certain ex of mine with happiness radar has resurfaced. How he knew I was on the precipice of a dating dive into the water is beyond me. I’m going to chalk it up to psychic powers. Either way, he is back in the mix and we talked extensively about where we went wrong and what can be done to fix it.   Some people are like your kryptonite. They are the Chinese in gymnastics, or the Jamaicans in track and field. They leave an imprint (good, bad, or ugly) and  blow other competition out of the water (extraordinary to you).  Some people get you, understand you, and know where you have buried the bodies! Sometimes you have to take a break and grow to figure out where to go (yes that rhymes, I know). All those clichĂ©s and yes I know I probably shouldn’t but you people have to believe in me and my choices I have to do this for me! So welcome back homie/lover/friend let’s see what happens (to hell with the consequences)!
Also in my Gold Medal category is the Atlanta arrival of my ace boon coon Kels! So excited that the Shake to my Bake, the Walker to my Texas Ranger, the baby infant to my Jesus…is back in town! I see margaritas, triple sec, and cropped pants in my immediate future!

Aside from that, I did drink a lot of wine! I watched the Olympics which included men’s gymnastics (yes please), women’s volleyball, diving, archery, air rifle, and table tennis.  Why archery, air rifle, and table tennis you ask! Well, blame NBC for not properly labeling the various shows.  If my TV guide says soccer I expect soccer not table tennis. If you say its beach volleyball, air rifle should never come across my screen!  Don’t make me download the app NBC, just play what you advertised!  Other than that I am so Team USA it’s ridiculous mainly because the Chinese are scary. I just envision their entire Athletic community chained up in some shady gym facility practicing until their feet bleed; living off of white rice and vegetable dumplings.  I was raised in the south, so I’m anti-communist and pro-ignorance. I am also pro-American and anything where round metallic objects are awarded for excellence in sports!
I will be watching a lot more of the London Olympics 2012 the remainder of this week and theorizing on what I think is a conspiracy for the majority of Great Britain wins. Really a gymnastics medal….when has that ever happened for the UK?!


No comments:

Post a Comment