Thursday, July 19, 2012

Spontaneous Combustion

I am bubbling over with excitement over sooooo many things today! So much that I decided to share with the 20+ people that read this blog. Thank you to anyone reading this right now! You are awesome! I truly believe you are a rock star genius qualified to take over the world, go forth with any plans you have for world domination and remember I always supported you.
My birthday plans are coming together (sort of).  My best friend and all of her 4’11 glory calls me yesterday and says “there is this party for my sister’s birthday (Aug 4) what if we made it a joint thing and you came to NY to celebrate your birthday early”. My answer is sure why not!  So now I’m flying into New York sometime in like 1.5 weeks to play and be merry, and then headed to Atlantic City for a birthday extravaganza.  There will be beaches, sexy outfits, bar hoping, dinner eating, and good ole fun going down in various parts of eastern and western NYC and select parts of NJ.  It will be like an episode of Girls but without crack, sex, or artsy white people. Now I just need to get in the gym double-time so my body is pseudo ready for a bathing suit, hit that all liquids diet for reassurance, get my hair did and purchase 2 bad-ass dresses for all the birthday debauchery (here and afar).  I will be returning prior to my actual birthday and those plans are still undecided.
As all of this is happening, I am simultaneously pricing closed captioning; planning meetings; mocking up websites; and getting up to speed on infectious disease communications work groups…you know work stuff they pay me to do. Then like a Rainbow appearing in the sky, I receive a lunch invitation. I was excited, seeing as how I love food and the three Ks, not the racists group - all the ladies invited happen to have names that begin with K.  L-K-K-K *in my Lil Scrappy voice* is meeting up tomorrow and although we aren’t a bona fide rap group we are living a lavish lifestyle of documents, planning, and risk communication. 
After all that was squared away, I worked on Friday night plans to see the Dark Knight Rises, a movie that I have been waiting for the better half of what seems like my adult life to witness.  Will it cure cancer or solve world hunger? No!  But it will make me happy and fulfill my action hero fix for at least 2-6 months. So me and a group of ladies (that’s right girls like comic-action-adventure movies too) are making this thing happen tomorrow at 7:00pm.  And like any smart hardworking adult, I pre-purchased my ticket online to avoid lines, chaos, or sold out notifications.
Throw in the fact that I am insanely excited about a new beginning (wherever it takes me) that will definitely involve some cooking and lots of laughing Then there is the recent pregnancy of a friend, a recent engagement of another friend, 3 planned weddings in the next 2 months, and the impending start of college football season causing me to boil over with joy.  Add in photo shoots, house hunting, and more script writing and this almost sounds like I’m back to needing a personal assistant and perhaps some valium. I am pretty sure this means I’m about to spontaneously combust from excitement. If I catch ablaze please just hose me down and send me to my next meeting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment