Friday, July 27, 2012

What If Friday - Weaponry

I was on a quest for a Friday blog theme and stumbled upon one of my favorite books and party games, If (Questions for the Game of Life).  Since it is Friday, I’m yet again posed with another question.  Remember, my goal is to bring fantasy, invoke thought, and encourage randomness all at the same time.  I always welcome the comments and answers of others. So feel free to play along.
Question:        If you had to constantly carry a weapon of some kind, what would it be?

So today’s question is a violent one but I will tackle it just the same!  My answer to this might surprise people. Those who know me are well versed in my affection for close combat and knives, shanks more specifically!  Do I have experience with them, NO; have I watched a ton of Oz and Locked Up to believe I’m an expert in crafting and wielding the weapon, YES!

But for practical reasons that is not my answer.  If I could carry a weapon of some kind it would be a crossbow!  Why a crossbow you ask? Well in today’s society overrun with vampires, werewolves and zombies addicted to bath salts, I need something long range yet effective. I don’t want to be over powered in hand-to-hand combat or have my face eaten off by a confused junkie!  I want to live damnit! 

Then if you consider the other benefits which I have listed below you will truly understand the awesomeness that is the crossbow!

Benefits to carrying a crossbow:
  • Ability to communicate (I can attach messages to my arrows and send them like carrier pigeons should we lose all communication devices in an apocalypse)
  • Ability to make my own ammunition if living in post-apocalyptic USA
  • Accuracy and top-of-the-line optics
  • Convenient for hunting (food or zombies)
  • Developing Angela Bassett arms from the loading process
  • Effective against opponents wearing plate armor
  • Hunger Games Chic
  • Impaling things is cool
  • Much like a ride it can be pimped - Colors, cases, scopes, bolts, and heat seeking arrows (I’m sure those exist somewhere)
  • Quiet kills (guns alert people and zombies to where you are)
  • Recyclable ammunition (which makes my weapon Green and mother earth friendly)
  • Short range and long range capability
  • Speed and impact without strength (force and velocity without upper body strength is important)
This list of benefits could go on and on but you get my point!  I need to add crossbow to my birthday gift list!  However, to cover all my bases I will form a small legion of fighters and have each one carry a different weapon and specialize in various marital arts techniques. Think Street Fighter/DOA/Tekken but with more Kumbaya! 

Happy Weapon Carrying Friday to You All!


No comments:

Post a Comment