Monday, July 16, 2012

Supernatural Crazy Weekend Fun


Who needs supernatural events when you have human tomfoolery?  What is it about full moons and Friday 13th that brings out the crazy in folks.  This weekend kicked off with Friday July 13, 2012 and the foolishness that occurred was like something out of a movie.   Surreal and memorable, I didn’t know the impact of whatever moon is in my celestial house.

I started my Friday normal; running late because I overslept. Rushing through shower, hair and tattoo moisturizing, I grab my strawberry-pomegranate smoothie (with carrot juice) and start off my day at work. I reviewed email, confirmed my lunch plans, posted my Friday blog and proceeded with my day.  Then the glimmers of crazy began to reveal themself.

By 9:00 AM I was invited to game night (so excited to participate and it couldn’t have come at a better time). Then Facebook starts acting up and I can’t change my cover photo #EpicFail. Once that starts to annoy me, I begin an interesting convo via messenger and phone with a friend that ends with me being solicited to be stripper support aka festive eye candy for an upcoming bachelor party.  Party sure thing I like those, but “working” a party, no thank you! Say what? Boi Stop! And why the disrespect I thought we were better than that!  Shortly after the trauma of the previous conversation subsides, I leave campus to attend a seminar on a Harvard Poll Study I worked on and ran smack-dab into a convoy for a visiting Senator. I spend some time visiting some of my favorite former work people  (got some work done) and then somehow end up being the Krispy Kreme ambassador passing out doughnuts while wearing an official Krispy Kreme hat.  Apparently it was the 75th anniversary of the doughnut chain and people are lazy sharers. I then had lunch at an undisclosed FBI facility where people wear guns to work. Upon returning to my office I find out one of my favorite and longest standing friends is now engaged.  I am so excited she is getting married…please not in Chicago…it’s too cold there in the winter.

I leave for the day and see a guy about some brownies then begin mental preparation for game night.  Game night was a success,  I had sooooo much fun and a kick ass winning team. I laughed and drank, confirmed that UGA produces quality functional alcoholics (wine in the bag), learned I never want to work at an emergency clinic (gerbils do not belong in your anus), restored my faith in young generations (there are smart and focused young people in the world), learned that rappers can write books but shouldn’t (we was overwhelmed) and had my leg sexually assaulted by what I think was a Yorkshire Terrier (I am pretty sure my leg is with child).

Saturday kicked off with windshield repairs, where I chatted it up with Repairman Randy for almost 2 hours learning about his wife, kids, sister, father, family business and the glass repair industry as a whole.  As a result of friendly conversation he proceeds to give me a rocking discount (50% off) and coupons for all kinds of stuff just because his family supports UGA (Go Dawgs) and because I was nice.  Thanks Randy you are #Winning!  I then proceed to my parents’ house to drop off some sunglasses my dad lost in my car on our recent road trip.  While there I grabbed a snack (hey free food never gets old) in the form of a ham and cheese sandwich and pita chips. I also walked into a target returned items and bought nothing else in return (that is a miracle of the supernatural variety). On my drive back to civilization I got the full engagement story which involves lighthouses and handmade rings (so sweet).

I finished my weekend by attending Mass (I need the Lord in my life) then catching up on episodes of Warehouse 13, watching G4 coverage of Comic Con, talking one of my best friends off the ledge of self-destruction (another blog to follow on bad decision making), and having a game-changing conversation with my other best friend in reference to the ledge. I was exposed to the comedy of drunken white people on a wine tour, the impact of not having AC in a 9 person limo, and the importance of bringing your own snacks.  I also learned that I have previously been a savior for people, especially those who need help (which might be why I am disappointed when they can’t help me or abuse that help). In friendships and relationships I was playing Captain Save-a- Ho!  My weekend ended in self-discovery, Jesus Saves, LeShaundra Doesn’t!   And for the first time I felt a twinge of sadness that my entire support system (my best friends) all live very far away.  And that now we are growing up and getting married and having babies and we won’t all live in the same neighborhood, have dinner parties,  plan PTA functions,  rotate super bowl parties, or share babysitters like I imagined as a child. I will have to settle for family vacations and skype!   But all in all Kellie, Nita, and Ashley are 3 amazing women that I love and adore and I am blessed to have them in my life, even if they live far away.  To the other people I cherish that live in my vicinity you all know who you are J thanks for being awesomely awesome! Good friends are imperative especially for Friday 13th, full moons, drinking pitchers, and burying bodies (I’ll never tell)!

PS: does anybody have a light in their house that mysteriously just turns itself on?  I have a lamp that continues to force me to walk around my apartment with weapons and Loud-talking the words “whose there? I don’t mind killing people to save myself”! It’s just one lamp and its super creepy! Sam and Dean are welcome to show up at any time...


No comments:

Post a Comment